Cherrie and Jo, our hygienists are fully trained and are passionate about the achievement of healthy and hygienic mouth, with special emphasis on the prevention and treatment of gum disease. Gum disease affects the gums and the bone that support your teeth. Having gum disease can be likened to having bad foundations under your house.
Untreated gum disease can cause:
- Bleeding gums
- Bad breathe and bad tastes
- Loose and drifting teeth
- Tooth loss
- Dental decay
It is very common and will become more of a problem as people keep their teeth longer.
Cherrie and Jo's work involves:
- Treatment of gum disease by removing the plaque and tartar that cause gum disease.
- Prevention of gum disease by education on the best method of efficient home care.
- Cosmetically improving the appearance of the teeth by the removal of staining and tartar deposits.
- Whitening and brightening your smile by bleaching the teeth.
Due to their training and their skills, the amount of time that is spent speaking to each patient is thorough and achieves a high standard of care compared to the dentist and saves on costs.